Image Banner External Links | External Links

Federal Contractors










Troops to Trucks is an expedited and seamless process to help veterans obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and ease the transition into civilian employment. Through a partnership with The Governor’s Office of Workforce Development and The Department of Labor, The Department of Driver Services (DDS) offers this program at several different DDS locations throughout the state.  Learn how to get your CDL today!

Servicemen and women who are in their 90 days before or after discharge can transfer your DA 348 License into a civilian CDL by visiting a DDS center to take the written and free test up to 3 times.

All other veterans can take a 2 week or 8 week course offered at Albany Technical College (229-430-3500) and Atlanta Technical College (404-225-4400). Contact your local career center to learn more information.

Below are helpful documents:

  • Application for A Commercial Driver’s License or Permit
  • Application for Driver’s License, Permit or ID Card
  • Application for Military Skills Test Waiver
  • CDL Workbook Study Guide 2012
  • CDL Driver’s Manual
  • Documentation Requirements for Troops to Trucks